Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16 230V VE.BUS Inverter Charger
Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120-16 230V VE.Bus Inverter Charger
Multifunctional, with intelligent power management
- The Victron MultiPlus 12/3000/120 is a powerful true sine wave inverter, a sophisticated battery charger that features adaptive charge technology, and a high-speed AC transfer switch in a single compact enclosure. Next, to these primary functions, the MultiPlus has several advanced features, as outlined below.
Two AC Outputs
- The main output has no-break functionality. The MultiPlus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore-/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater, for example, can be connected to this output (second output available on models rated at 3kVA and more).
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
- Up to six Multis can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output. Six 24/3000/70 units, for example, provide 15kW / 18kVA output power with 420 Amps of charging capacity.
Three phase capability
- In addition to parallel connection, three units can be configured for three-phase output. But that’s not all: with three strings of six parallel units, a 45 kW / 54 kVA three-phase inverter and 1260 A charger can be built.
Split phase options
- Two units can be stacked to provide 120-0-120 V, and additional units can be paralleled up to a total of 6 units per phase, to supply up to 30 kW / 36 kVA of split phase power. Alternatively, a split phase AC source can be obtained by connecting our autotransformer (see data sheet on www.victronenergy.com) to a ‘European’ inverter programmed to supply 240 V / 60 Hz.
PowerControl - Dealing with limited generator, shoreside or grid power
- The MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will, therefore, draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (nearly 20 A per 3 kVA MultiPlus at 120 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
PowerAssist - Boosting the capacity of shore or generator power
- This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows the MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Four stage adaptive charger and dual bank battery charging
- The main output provides a powerful charge to the battery system by means of advanced ‘adaptive charge’ software. The software fine-tunes the three stage automatic process to suit the condition of the battery, and adds a fourth stage for long periods of float charging. The adaptive charge process is described in more detail on the Phoenix Charger datasheet and on our website, under Technical Information. In addition to this, the MultiPlus will charge a second battery using an independent trickle charge output intended for a main engine or generator starter battery.
System configuring has never been easier
- After installation, the MultiPlus is ready to go. If settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure. Even parallel and 3-phase operation can be programmed with DIP switches: no computer needed! Alternatively, VE.Net can be used instead of the DIP switches. And sophisticated software (VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator) is available to configure several new, advanced, features.