Victron Energy AGM 12V-90Ah Battery
Victron Energy 12V/90Ah AGM Deep Cycle Battery
1. VRLA technologyVRLA stands for Valve Regulated Lead Acid, which means that the batteries are sealed. Gas will escape through the safety valves only in case of overcharging or cell failure. VRLA batteries are maintenance free for life.
2. Sealed (VRLA) AGM BatteriesAGM stands for Absorbent Glass Mat. In these batteries, the electrolyte is absorbed into a glass-fiber mat between the plates by capillary action. As explained in our book ‘Energy Unlimited’, AGM batteries are more suitable for short-time delivery of very high currents (engine starting) than gel batteries.
3. Sealed (VRLA) Gel BatteriesHere the electrolyte is immobilized as gel. Gel batteries, in general, have a longer service life and better cycle capacity than AGM batteries.
4. Low Self-DischargeBecause of the use of lead calcium grids and high purity materials, Victron VRLA batteries can be stored during long periods of time without recharge. The rate of self-discharge is less than 2% per month at 20°C. The self-discharge doubles for every increase in temperature by 10°C. Victron VRLA batteries can, therefore, be stored for up to a year without recharging if kept under cool conditions.
5. Exceptional Deep Discharge RecoveryVictron VRLA batteries have exceptional discharge recovery, even after deep or prolonged discharge. Nevertheless, repeatedly deep and prolonged discharge has a very negative effect on the service life of all lead-acid batteries, Victron batteries are no exception.
6. Battery Discharging Characteristics
The rated capacity of Victron AGM and Gel Deep Cycle batteries refers to 20-hour discharge, in other words: a discharge current of 0,05 C. The rated capacity of Victron Tubular Plate Long Life batteries refers to 10 hours discharge. The effective capacity decreases with increasing discharge current. Please note that the capacity reduction will be even faster in case of a constant power load, such as an inverter.
The AGM range has very low internal resistance making them particularly suitable for high current discharge applications such as for inverters, thrusters and winches as well as engine starting.
The GEL model range offers best deep cycle durability and overall longer life. The use of high purity materials and lead calcium grids ensure that for both AGM and GEL products have particularly low self-discharge so that they will not go flat during long periods without charge. Both ranges are supplied with M8 drilled, flat copper terminals ensuring best possible connection contact and eliminating the need for battery terminals. The batteries are compliant with both CE and UL specifications in ABS fireproof containers and come with Victron’s 2-year world-wide warranty.
- VRLA AGM: design life 7-10 years
- Article code: BAT412800084
- DATA SHEET