Tristar TS-MPPT-60 Solar Charge Controller
Tristar TS-MPPT-60 Charge Controller.
- Morningstar TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers. Model TS-MPPT-60
- The Tristar TS-MPPT-60 Charge Controller, features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
|Maximum Battery Current||60 amps|
|Nominal Maximum Solar Input|
|12 volt battery bank||800 Watts|
|24 volt battery bank||1600 Watts|
|48 volt battery bank||3200 Watts|
|Nominal System Voltage||12, 24, 36 or 48 volts DC|
|Maximum Solar Open Circuit Voltage||150 volts DC|
Five Year Warranty, see Product Documentation section above for details.
Tristar TS-MPPT-60 Charge Controller Features:
Maximizes Energy Harvest - TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
- Extremely High Reliability
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency Peak efficiency of 99%
- Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
- Low self-consumption
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
- Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
- Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
- EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED’s display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
- Charging algorithm 4-stage
- Charging stages Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Temperature Compensation
- Coefficient –5mV/°C/cell (25° ref)
- Range –30°C to +80°C
- Set points Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
- Note: Remote Temperature Sensor is included.