SHAFT SHARK - The Ultimate Rope and Weed Cutter
- Model #400 ~ Split unit
- For shaft diameters of … 1.25 inch … 1.375 inch … 1.50 inch … 1.75 inch and 30mm … 35mm … 38mm … 40mm
- HubØ 1 ¾ - 2 13/16” C=3.00
What is a SHAFT SHARK?
- The SHAFT SHARK is a serrated edge circular blade, machined from high quality (316L) type stainless steel. It is available as a split 2 x piece unit for quick and simple installation on shafts & Saildrive propeller hubs. Also available as a single piece unit for larger shafts.
What does it do?
- Attached to your shaft just forward of your propeller, it rotates with the shaft or Saildrive hub, cutting away any rope, weed or debris that might try to entangle your shaft & propeller.
Why do I need one?
To keep your propeller free from rope, weeds and underwater debris. Eliminate the possibility of damage to your shaft, propeller and strut. Eliminate the need for being towed due to fouled stern gear or propeller.
How do I choose the right model?
Supply the shaft diameter on your boat either standard SAE (inch) or metric. Supply the diameter of the forward end of your propeller hub. For saildrive units, supply the make and model of your propeller.
Models #300, #400, #500, #600 #700 & Saildrive units are split units and so installation is simple and quick. No need to remove the propeller to install, no drilling/tapping or shaft extension. Installation underwater by a diver? … yes, simple & easy & we supply the locking glue. Models #900 & above are single piece units and will require removal of the propeller to install. The SHAFT SHARK Models 300-500 require 0.90”-1.00” inch (23-25mm) of shaft clearance between the cutlass bearing and the propeller hub. Models #600 & above require 1.25~1.50 clearance. This allows for sufficient clearance with the cutlass bearing for shaft movement when maneuvering and for water-flow through the cutlass bearing.
- The SHAFT SHARK is sized to both the shaft and the propeller or Shaft