Maxwell VWC 1500, 3/8″ HT or PC chain Windlass 24V
VWC Series Windlass w/ capstan & chainpipe, Vertical drum w/ below-deck motor, 1500 lb. max capacity, for 3/8″ HT or PC chain, pulls rope @ 60’/min, 24 VDC, 1200W motor. Includes footswitch & emergency handle. For decks up to 4″ thick.
VWC-Series Vertical Windlass and Capstan
Vertical Windlass and Capstan with Below-Deck Motor and Chainpipe
The VWC Series is designed for automatic vertical handling of chain only anchor rodes while offering an independent capstan for the retrieval of a secondary rope and chain rode or to assist with docking procedures.
- Fully automatic single or dual direction chainwheel operation.
- High-quality finish on above-deck components.
- Heavy chrome over marine-grade bronze.
- Integral chain pipe and stripper are aligned for virtually jam-free operation providing automatic feed of chain into and out of the anchor locker.
- Port and starboard chainpipes for twin installations. (Sizes 2200 and above only).
- Cone-type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual free fall anchoring.
- Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe and precise operator control.
Chainwheel locking pawl.
- Optional band brake available for 3500 series units.
- Functional rope hauling from any direction using independent MAX-grip snag-free warping drum with clutch disengagement of chainwheel for positive control of all ropes.
- Simple through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the top works utilising marine-grade stainless steel bolts.
- Anodized aluminium gearbox and spacer on 1000 and 1500 models. Marine-grade alloy gearbox housing, finished with a two coat paint system on 2200, 2500 and 3500 models
- Heavy duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches.
- Low profile configurations (no warping drum) are available.
- SKU: VWC150024V100
- Brand: Maxwell