Maxwell VW series VW2500 vertical windlass
- VW Series Windlass w/ capstan, Vertical drum with below-deck 1200W hydraulic motor, 2500 lb. max capacity, for 3/8″ 3B chain, pulls rope @ 50’/min. Includes emergency handle. For decks up to 4″ thick.
- VW Vertical Windlass and Capstan – Hydraulic Motor
- Vertical Windlass and Capstan with Below-Deck Motor
- The VW Series of anchor winches are designed for traditional rope and chain combination anchor rodes, where manual transfer of the rode from the rope warping drum to the chainwheel is required.
- Provides the versatility of operating two anchors from one winch.
- Functional rope hauling from any direction using independent MAX-grip snag-free warping drum with clutch disengagement of chainwheel for positive control of all ropes.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection.
- Allows alternative mounting horizontally on a fore and aft bulkhead inside chain locker for below deck installation.
- High-quality finish on above deck components. Heavy chrome over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual free fall anchoring.
- Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl.
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of gearbox to the topworks utilizing marine-grade stainless steel bolts.
- Marine-grade alloy gearbox housing, finished with a two coat paint system.
- Easily disassembled for servicing.
- SKU: MAX-VW2500HYD054
- Brand: Maxwell
- How to Select the Best Electric Anchor Windlass for Your Boat