Maxwell RC Ser. 1870#, 3/8 chain 24 V
RC Series Windlass, Vertical drum with below-deck motor, 1870 lb. max capacity, pulls 3/8″ chain @ 79’/min or 5/8″ rope @ 65’/min, 24 VDC, 1200 Watt motor. Includes manual crank handle, circuit breaker, and up/down switch.
RC Rope/Chain Series
Vertical Rope/Chain Windlass with Below-deck Motor
Maxwell’s all new RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. RC10, RC8 and RC12 are available in both capstan and low profile versions. RC6 is available in low profile version only.
- The all new stainless steel RC10/12 fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 8mm (5/16″) and 10mm (3/8″) short link chain and 14mm (9/16″) and 16mm (5/8″) three strand or 8-plait rope. RC12 will accommodate up to 3/4″ rope.
- Sleek, low profile and Max-grip capstan drum versions are available to suit individual user preference.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass. Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- Full disassembly capability of top works utilising handle provided, a screw driver and an Allen key. No special tools required.
- The RC10/12 is manufactured from marine grade chromed bronze for long term durability. The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with the unique rope/chain gypsy, is designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain, giving the RC10/12 an unparalleled level of performance.
- In combination with a longer, heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure as it pivots on a trouble free brass bearing.
- The RC10/12 works just as effectively with all chain rodes for those who desire a low profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
- Huge through-deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, free-fall anchoring.
- Sealed oil bath and marine grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel.