Maxwell VW10-8 Vertical Windlass for 5/16" Chain size
Maxwell VW10-8 Windlass with Capstan - 12V, 5/16" Chain & 5/8" Rope
- VW Series Windlass w/ capstan & chainwheel, Vertical drum w/ below-deck motor, 1540 lb. max capacity, for 5/16" chain, pulls rope @ 79'/min, 12 VDC, 1000W motor. Includes footswitch & emergency handle. For decks up to 4" thick.
Vertical Windlass and Capstan with Below-Deck Motor
- The VW Series of anchor winches are designed for traditional rope and chain combination anchor rodes, where the manual transfer of the rode from the rope warping drum to the chainwheel is required.
- Provides the versatility of operating two anchors from one winch.
- Functional rope hauling from any direction using independent MAX-grip snag-free warping drum with the clutch disengagement of chainwheel for positive control of all ropes.
- Permits use of traditional shackle and thimble rope and chain connection.
- Allows alternative mounting horizontally on a fore and aft bulkhead inside chain locker for below deck installation.
- The high-quality finish on above deck components. Heavy chrome over marine-grade alloy bronze.
- Cone type brake/clutch mechanism permits manual free fall anchoring.
- Cone clutches, unlike dog clutches, provide smooth progressive engagement ensuring safe operator control.
- Chainwheel locking pawl.
- Simplified through deck installation by modular design and precise alignment of the gearbox to the top works utilizing marine-grade stainless steel bolts.
- Anodized aluminum gearbox and spacer on 500, 1000 and 1500 models. Marine-grade alloy gearbox housing finished with a two-coat paint system on 2200 and 3500 models.
- Heavy-duty, dual direction motor, designed for marine winches.
- Easily disassembled for servicing.
- SKU: MAX-VW10812V
- Brand: Maxwell
- How to Select the Best Electric Anchor Windlass for Your Boat