- The Victron Energy BlueSolar MPPT charge controller 150/85 will charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a higher nominal voltage PV array. The controller will automatically adjust to a 12, 24, 36, or 48V nominal battery voltage.
Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
- If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPT’s tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
- Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. Full output current up to 40°C (104°F).
Flexible charge algorithm
- Several preconfigured algorithms. One user programmable algorithm. Manual or automatic equalization. Battery temperature sensor. Battery voltage sense option.
Programmable auxiliary relay
- For alarm or generator start purposes
Extensive electronic protection
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when the temperature is high. PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection. Reverse current protection.
To parallel up to 25 units, to connect to a ColorControl panel or to connect to a CAN bus network