Maxwell RC8-6 Vertical Windlass with Capstan 12V
Maxwell RC8-6 Vertical Windlass with Capstan
- Maxwell RC8-6 Series Windlass w/ capstan, Vertical drum with below-deck motor, 770 lb. max capacity, pulls 1/4" chain @ 92'/min or 1/2" rope @ 79'/min, 12 VDC, 600 Watt motor. Includes manual crank handle, circuit breaker, and up/down switch.
- RC Rope/Chain Series
- Vertical Rope/Chain Windlass with Below-deck Motor
- Maxwell's all-new RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. RC10 and RC8 are available in both capstan and low profile versions. RC6 is available in low profile version only.
- The all new RC8-6 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6mm/7mm (1/4") chain spliced to 12mm (1/2") three strand or 8-plait rope.
- The larger RC8-8 can be used with 8mm (5/16") chain spliced to 14mm (9/16") three strand or 8-plait rope.
- The revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
- Sleek, low profile and MAX-grip capstan drum versions are available to suit individual user preference.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self-aligning gearbox ensure the optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- Full disassembly capability of top works utilizing handle provided, a screwdriver and an Allen key.
- The RC8 Series is manufactured from marine grade 316 stainless steel for long-term durability. The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance.
- In combination with a heavy-duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire a low profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
- Huge through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, free fall anchoring.
- Sealed oil bath and marine grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provide high-efficiency output drive via precision worm and worm wheel.
- SKU: MAX-RC86CAP12V
- Brand: Maxwell
- How to Select the Best Electric Anchor Windlass for Your Boat